Duration: 1 day
Your private tour by bike. Read your map and off you go to Baisha villages, Naxi villages, and the Black Dragon Pool Park.
Armed with a bottle of water, a lock, and a map you're ready to face the day. On the map, you'll find instructions on how to reach Baisha village starting in Lijiang and off you go.
Baisha is the former capital of the Naxi Kingdom. You can take a walk through the former capital of the Naxi Kingdom after you parked and locked your bike, you can check the old temple and have a look at ancient frescoes (take a flashlight with you). If the odds are in your favor, you might meet the legendary herbal doctor, Dr. Ho. If he is waiting for you, you will get invited for a cup of herbal tea.
You cycle back to Lijiang via Naxi villages. Once back in Lijiang, check the famed Black Dragon Pool Park.
Start and End Baisha village Bike excursion
The tour starts and ends in Lijiang.
The owner of Lijiang's bike shop will pick you up in your accommodation. Together you walk to her shop to pick the bike that fits best. You're set to go. But, if you wish an English speaking tour guide to accompany you, please ask.
Tips, remarks, and ideas
- Take a look at the other excursions that depart from Lijiang. You might like to make a combination:
- Another tour by bike: Lashihai lake by bike
- Baisha; visit the palace and see frescoes, Naxi village, Wenfen Si Monastery, and Black Dragon Pool Park
- See the Yangtze River and hike through the Tiger Leaping Gorge
- You can read more about the objects that you will visit during the tour in the section "Highlights in and around Lijiang"